- Obesity is a serious, insidious chronic disease that should be treated with all available methods - says Prof. Paweł Bogdański, head of the Chair and Department of Obesity Treatment, Metabolic Disorders and Clinical Dietetics of the Medical University of Poznań.
Prof. Paweł Bogdański said, among others:
- Obesity is a severe, chronic disease with a complex pathogenesis without a tendency to spontaneously resolve.
- The scale of obesity is now unprecedented in human history.
- Even before the pandemic, 68% of adult men and 53% of adult women in Poland were overweight, and every fourth adult was obese.
- I don't know of a second chronic condition with so many potential diseases and disorders that it can lead to - that's over 200 items.
- More and more people suffering from obesity are standing in increasingly long line...